The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yes, I've Lived Under a Rock

I know practically nothing about Van Halen. I have heard the name and assume that they are some kind of rock band? (I guess I could Google the name to find out more.) I have a sneaking suspicion that many people know about this group and would love to have Van Halen tickets.

Once upon a time I listened to pop rock, country, and similar genres, but this is completely out of my experience. I actually prefer to listen to old-time Christian music now - hymns and other such songs. I find that kind of music very uplifting and soothing.

What kind of music/which artists do you enjoy and why?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Christian music
like Mercy Me, Salvador, Christafari, Tim McGraw, Amy Grant
I enjoy listenng to it and praising the Lord

I also like bands and singers like
Neil Diamond an oldie but a goodie
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Robbie Williams he reminds me of when I went to uni. I listened to a lot of him then

Michelle said...

I am well aware of who van halen is and wouldn't mind some tickets. I used to listen to them when I was younger. Now a days I listen to christian artist. Still rock band and even some rap artists. It just good to know that he lyrics are so positive compared to what else is out there. And I like it that the kids will choose to listen to it too!

ThriftyMommy said...

I think Van Halen was popular when I was in elementary school, so I didn't listen to them. lol

I really enjoy contemporary praise and worship music. Some of my favorite bands are David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, Shane & Shane, Chasen, and I just discovered a new one today, Elizabeth Clark. http://www.myspace.com/elizabethclarklucid I keep listening to her song, So Beautiful, over and over again.

Revka said...

Hey, Jen, thanks for sharing your music preferences. :)

Isn't it amazing how we can be so attached to music we listened to when we were younger?

Revka said...

Hey, Michelle,
Yes, the lyrics can make quite a difference.

I think nearly everyone's tastes in music changes as they grow older. Music is a very personal choice, and I believe it reflects where we are at the time. :)

Revka said...

What, Karen, you weren't interested in Van Halen in elementary school? LOL

Thanks for sharing your favorites. I'll have to check out that new artist.