The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Good Memories

We had a busy time of it yesterday. We spent all day away from home helping my mom and sister move to a new house. It was a lot of work, but it was also nice because all of my siblings, except for the one in Texas, were able to be there with their families, and we had a lot of fun together while working. At the end of the day, the guys grilled out on the grill at the new home, and we all got to relax and enjoy having most of the family together.

On the way home, Mr. Incredible and I reminisced about our memories from when we were dating and engaged. I really don't remember a whole lot about those times. That sounds rather odd, but that's just the way my memory works. Certain things stand out, but there were many memories that Mr. Incredible referenced that I simply could not recall.

I did, however, enjoy revisiting the past. Talking together called to mind events and things that are forever tied to tender feelings. I will never forget our first date, which got rained out. Instead of playing tennis, we walked around the mall talking for a couple of hours - much better for building a relationship than playing tennis would have been. I also remember how significant the pearl necklace, bracelet, and earrings my parents bought me to wear at my wedding seemed. All brides must have pearls, you know, and those pearls meant that I was really getting married!

I cherish the memories Mr. Incredible and I have built and continue to build together. Although there are painful memories, most of our memories are filled with warmth, love, and laughter. I pray it will always be so.

What are some of your favorite memories?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bless you

praying for you both too :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jen. :) Your kind words and prayers are all appreciated

Anonymous said...

Spencer and I attempted to play tennis on our first date. We ended up talking a lot more than we played. Trying to trash his truck that was behind security bars is also a great memory. :)sho

Revka said...

Hey, Sho, I remember that. Crazy girl! :)