The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Creating a post using a non-Blogger font

I'm having fun learning new tricks lately. This is my latest trick: writing posts in fonts other than the ones provided by Blogger. I figured out how to do this without having to type my post in Word first, and this is much nicer because changing the code manually prevents Blogger from automatically changing the font back into one of its standard fonts when you publish or edit your post.

(UPDATE 2/9/2007) I was told that, while I can specify a particular font, the viewer must have that font on his computer in order to be able to view it.

I thought I had figured out how to manually set the font size, but I don't quite have that worked out yet. I'll keep trying, and sooner or later I'll get it. Hey, if you already know that trick, how about sharing it with me?

If you are interested in learning how to write your posts in a different font, visit my tutorial at RS Designs.

The same principle should work in other blogging platforms.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Been looking into that and haven't been able to do it. It looks great in different fonts!

Revka said...

Yeah, it looks great, doesn't it, Frank? I'm sure I'll be using this trick quite often. Did you get my e-mail? As soon as I figured out this trick, I sent you the code because I remembered that you had asked me about this before. So if you haven't gotten the e-mail or can't make heads or tails of it, let me know.

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked my mail yet. I'll be checking shortly. Thank you for thinking of me. You're very sweet. I couldn't change the font style in MSWord and then paste because I'm on a Mac and Safari (the browser) doesn't seem to support that capability with Blogger.
So, let me check my email and see if this works. Thanks again!

Revka said...

You're welcome, Frank. I would think this would work since you are actually changing the HTML. I never even considered that you might use a Mac or a different browser. I use Firefox (which is a fantastic browser) and have a PC. I bet that's why it works for me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think that is why it works for you. Safari is the Macs browser. A few things don't work in Blogger because of that. Now I just have to see where the code you sent fits in.

Sanky said...

heeey...i came across your blog searching for ways to publish posts in different fonts...please do help me out...my email id, in case u haven't got it, is sanky_fun@yahoo.co.in