The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

What a fun evening!

I didn't post anything yesterday because, once again, I was attempting to tame my house. If you haven't figured out by now, that is a recurring activity around here. I get the house in order and feel relieved so I slack off until it is once again out of control. You'd think that, since I have identified the cycle, I would have broken it by now, but I haven't.

Anyway, in news of possible actual interest (grin), I was working on the house because we actually had company last night. We invited a family from church over for homemade pizza and a chance to visit in a relaxed environment, and we had so much fun! Since Mr. Incredible is supposed to get off work at 5:00 p.m., we had asked them to come over at 6:00 p.m. - thinking that would give Mr. Incredible plenty of time to shower and get ready. Wouldn't you know, he ended up getting home about 7:30 p.m.? Oh, well. We fed all the kids (they have 2 kids who are around our children's ages) and stuffed our faces without him. When he did arrive, he ate pizza while we ate dessert. Afterward, the kids played together while I visited with A. and Mr. Incredible visited with D. We all have a lot of common interests and are in about the same situation in life so there is quite a bit of common ground on which to build.

It was really nice to have another couple to visit with. We're relative newcomers to this area and haven't had the opportunity to develop many friendships yet. It can get rather lonesome at times. Earlier, we had met another family that we were getting to be good friends with and had visited back and forth with several times, but for some reason we haven't heard from them in a couple of months now. So I'm not sure what on earth happened there. I'm just glad God sent another family across our path.

Mr. Incredible cracked me up after they went home. We were sitting in my piano room just talking when he asked me, "So do you think they really had fun or did we scare them off?" What, are we some kind of freaks now? (laughing)

So what do you like to do for fun?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were times when we would have guests over whom we thought we'd hit it off great and then they never called again! Relationships are quirky that way.
I can understand your husband asking that question.

Revka said...

Yeah, I know how that goes, Frank. He just cracked me up when he said that out of the blue.

Karen, it would be great if you lived closer to us. i bet we would have fun together!

Anonymous said...

Hope your new friends couple gonna enjoy lots of great moments like this again with you.

Sometimes some day out could be great. I don't know perhaps a day at the seaside or a day at some events could a great moment to share with more people and get better acquainted with.

Wouldn't such thing be fun?

Revka said...

Hi, Hans! We really like this family and hope to get together with them more often. It helps that we attend the same church and are guaranteed to see them at least a couple of days each week.

I like your ideas for fun things to do. Thanks for taking the time to offer your suggestions. My husband and I are attending a Celtic Woman concert at the end of March, and we found out they like that group as well. It would be fun if we could go to something like that together. We also do live quite near the beach and plan to go often once the weather warms up. That's a great idea to have our families go together.

Justice Fergie said...

sounds like you had a really nice visit. i hope this turns into a great friendship for you all.

Revka said...

Hey, Fergie, it was a blast; we have so much in common. I've talked to A since then, and she has assured me that they did, indeed, have a great time and want to get together again soon. YEA!!! Thanks for your well wishes.