The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Graceful?

Lately, it would seem that I have some unconscious desire to inflict pain upon myself. Here is how Sunday went.

I did fine until after lunch. Than I made the mistake of walking between the couch and recliner. Bad move! I whacked my ankle bone on the wooden handle that reclines the chair. Ow! I was hopping around for a couple of minutes.

Fine, I can live with that bruise, but just a little while later I was holding Baby Bear. We were near a counter. She got mad about something and started to throw herself backward. Fearing that her head was going to hit the corner of the counter, I flung up my hand between her head and the sharp corner. Thankfully, Baby Bear didn't actually throw herself backward, but my hand struck the corner with a great amount of force, resulting in a painful blow to the base of my ring finger. It was so bad that I initially thought that I had broken my hand as it seemed incapable of movement. Instead of crying, I convulsively shiver when pain levels get high enough, and I was shaking for about 10 minutes.

That's quite enough trauma for one day, don't you think? I certainly thought so, but after we went to bed, Mr. Incredible rolled over and somehow managed to bend two of my toes upward. Ow, ow, ow! That hurt not only my toes but also the tendons on the top of my foot.

Needless to say, I was a limping, hurting wreck yesterday. At one point on Sunday, Mr. Incredible looked at the girls, shook his head, and said, "Mommy's accident prone!"

I don't know what you're talking about, Honey. You know I am the epitome of grace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, ouch and ouch! Geez, could you have inflicted more pain on yourself (laugh).
Seriously, it sounds like a confluence of accidents moving through your day. Glad to hear no very serious hurts. Hopefully, better days ahead.

Revka said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Frank. I'm certainly not eager for a repeat of that day!

Karen, how's your head doing? That sounds painful and frightening! Was that before or after I talked to you? Maybe I'm rubbing off on you via long distance telephone lines. Stay far, far away! (laughing)

Anonymous said...

I must have hit my head after I talked to you. I am doing ok now. I had forgotten about hitting my head until I just read this post again. LOL Maybe this explains the headaches I've been having. Last year my husband got a terrible concussion while snowboarding and he had migraines for at least a month. Thankfully, my injury is not that bad.

Revka said...

Well, I hope you feel better soon. That is certainly no fun!