The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, February 19, 2007

10 steps for working up to working out

  1. Acquiesce when your child asks if she can take a bath. Remind her that she is not to get any water on the floor.
  2. Fill the tub, and remind her yet again not to get any water on the floor.
  3. Let her play for about 20 minutes.
  4. Check on her.
  5. Freak out when you realize that there is about an inch of water on the ceramic tile floor.
  6. Realize that the hall carpet is soaking up the water from the bathroom.
  7. Turn into a crazy woman - get your kid out of the tub, throw a couple of towels down on the tile floor, and toss your child a towel to wrap around herself.
  8. Grab a few towels and throw them on the carpet.
  9. With all your might, stomp on towel-covered carpet.
  10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for about 45 minutes.

This knee-lifting exercise is guaranteed to get your heart rate up and is a great way to prepare for a full workout session the following day.

6 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

hilarious! sounds like my house. we should be in perfect shape anyday now :-)

Revka said...

Fergie, I am soooo glad to know I'm not alone here! You would certainly think all the exercise I get from chasing messes all day would have more of an effect! :) I do think that is why I have lost about 20 lbs in the last 4 years - despite having 3 children during that same time.

The not-so-funny truth is that the hall carpet got saoked for about 10 feet, and the water even went into the girls' room - GRRR! I stomped around for a LONG time, and we have had fans blowing on the wet areas since yesterday afternoon. It might be dried out by tomorrow?

Romie said...

I love it!! Mine hasn't gotten that far yet, but she is working on it and any day I will be joing you :)

Revka said...

You just wait, Romie! Children are nothing if not unpredictable! :)

Anonymous said...

Revka, You're such a sweetie! Thanks for your comments. Of course I will continue to come check out your blog! I have you in the bloglines account :) Thank you for your sweet spirit!

Revka said...

No, Karen, unfortunately we do not, but we did run the fans for 2 1/2 days. We (actually, my husband) also blow dried the wet areas along the baseboards. I am really praying that we won't get any mold from this. This made a funny post, but it really hasn't been a very funny situation.