The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Congratulations, Darling!

Mr. Incredible is such a wonderful man. He is patient, calm, thoughtful, reliable, trustworthy, honest, and strong. He gives his best wherever he may be. And it is nice to know that others recognize his numerous good qualities.

When we finally got to talk after church last night, he told me that he had received the results of his year-end 2006 evaluation. Everything was positive; he had even exceeded expectations in several areas! And, of course, that meant a modest raise - always a lovely event.

On top of the positive review and pay increase, he also received a promotion in classification. That part is rather funny because neither he, his immediate supervisor, nor his supervisor's superiors can find out if there are additional responsibilities/requirements with the new classification. Right now, it's rather like, "You did a great job so you're getting a new title. Isn't that nice?" It'll be interesting to see what happens next. No matter what, I'm very proud of him for being so faithful and industrious!

But that wasn't all the good news. The icing on the cake was that the company for which he works greatly exceeded 2006 revenue projections. Because of this, even though half of the regions in the company (including my husband's region) did not meet goals and, therefore, did not qualify for personnel bonuses, the company has decided to go ahead and give personnel bonuses worth half of what employees would normally would expect. YEA! Since we had resigned ourselves to not receiving a bonus, this is fantastic news!

Now that we will be rolling in the dough (laugh), maybe Mr. Incredible can get me that grandfather clock I've always dreamed about receiving. Oh, wait, I'm dreaming again. ;) But I'm not dreaming when I think that I am married to a wonderful man. Thank you, darling, for all you do, and congratulations, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Revka, what a wonderful post. It sounds like you have a great husband. That is certainly something to be thankful for!

(And as an aside...you made me very hungry for pizza. :) )

Revka said...

I'm glad you liked this post, Holly. I wanted to publicly express my appreciation for the wonderful man I married. He is so special, and, since he is quiet and unassuming, I can so easily forget all that he does. I thank God for rescuing me from a previous engagement and giving me this treasure of a man instead.

The pizza is sooooo good; you gotta try it! :0)

Revka said...

That's really funny, Karen, because that is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that comment. My ex-fiance and I would have made each other miserable. I am so thankful for my darling husband.