The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pensieve's Poetic License

Mid-month Every Month at PENSIEVE
Want this button?

I like to write little ditties occasionally, so when my friend Robin announced that she was starting a monthly poetry meme, I was intrigued. The rules are simple - there are no rules. Though Robin does pick a poetry form and theme for each month, she states that participants are not obligated to use that suggestion.

I decided to participate in this month's assignment: a Thanksgiving limerick. Here's my attempt. Be kind. *smile*

Thanksgiving Woes

Desserts are what everyones bakes -
Their very best pies and cakes.
Now this is good living;
You see, it's Thanksgiving.
Our tummies surely will ache!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect, Revka (I was so happy to see your name added to Mr. Linky this mornin' :) ). Don't we all rush through lunch to get to dessert? And by then, we ARE already so full, we can't help but lie around afterwards, lol.

Thanks for joining in the inaugural PPL post, and ESPECIALLY for designing such a COOL button! :) :) :)

(And I really like how you've worded the "rules/no rules" part of the carnival. You did so more succinctly than I've been able to, so if it's okay with you, I might use that wording with a HT to you, of course.)

Revka said...

Glad you liked it, Robin. :) I know I always eat too much before I every make it to dessert but can't resist those fabulous goodies.

You are quite welcome for both the limerick and the button; I certainly enjoyed creating both.

Sure, feel free to use the wording; I'd be flattered. :)

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Revka - I really liked yours - anything about desserts! LOL You are a lady of many talents! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Beth, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Great rhythm and flow to that!

Sandy said...

Great job! and your header is gorgeous!

Revka said...

Thank you, Robinella. :)

Revka said...

Thanks, Sandy. I'm glad you like both the limerick and my header. :)