The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Funky Monkey Snacks

While I was in the hospital having Buddy Bear, a package of Funky Monkey Snacks was delivered to my home. What a nice surprise that was when I got home! Although these snacks have been around since 2002, I had not heard of them before, but I liked them very much. Unlike many fruit snacks, these snacks contain only freeze dried real fruit - no added sugar, artificial colors, flavor, or preservatives. These snacks are all natural and are totally gluten free, which means that they would be a great choice for people who have gluten sensitivities.

Funky Monkey Snacks come in 4 varieties:

  1. Bananamom (banana and cinnamon) - this one is my absolute favorite; the banana and cinnamon pair well together, creating a sweet taste with the perfect amount of spice to it.
  2. Purple Funk (banana and acai) - this one is pretty good, too, and the acai is supposed to be very good for you.
  3. Javalime (pineapple and lime juice) - this one is not bad, but I like sweet stuff more than tangy/sour snacks.
  4. Carnaval Mix (banana, pineapple, apple, papaya, and raisins) - I didn't care for this mix at all, but you might like it. *smile*
If you are interested in trying these snacks for yourself, they are available at some grocery stores, such as Whole Foods Market and Winn Dixie, or you can order them online at Amazon.com.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to be back in "post 4th" mode. I actually prefer the mundane life with no bumps in the road. Thank you for your letter. Tuesday is just an office visit. No worries.