The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pain and Relief

Mid-month Every Month at PENSIEVE
Want this button?

I'm finally participating in Pensieve's Poetic License again. I can't believe the last (and first) time I participated was back in November! My apologies, Robin!!!

The poetic form for this month is Diamante, an Italian form which consists of seven lines and forms a diamond shape when complete.
subject
two adjectives describing the subject
three words ending in "ing" telling about the subject
four words, first two describe subject, last two describe opposite
three words ending in "ing" telling about the opposite
two adjectives describing the opposite
opposite

Robin gave us two possible theme choices: the great outdoors or emotions. I'm not sure I've really used either theme, but my diamante was inspired by end-of-pregnancy/labor/post-birth feelings. I guess that may qualify as emotions. *smile*

pain
dreadful merciless
aching stabbing unrelenting
inescapable spasmodic desired anticipated
soothing relaxing comforting
restful welcome
relief

8 comments:

Trog and Troggy said...

The ebb and waves of this one is palatable... great job! I love its depth and sincerety.. a yearning for and then achieving.. relief

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I've lived with long relenting pain in my life, and this was very good!

Sandy said...

Terrific job. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Revka...you might have taken a sabbatical (ha!) but you come back guns blazing! I can f e e l the emotion in your post--it's so primal! So familiar to any mother who's given birth!

Your word choices are so perfect for each subject; your transitions take you from one end to the other. A perfect example of a Diamante...yours could be a Wikipedia entry :).

Thanks for joining in again...please, no pressure! Just do 'em when you a) have the time, b) feel inspired, c) need a fun post (you're GOOD at it!)

:)

Anonymous said...

Tami, thanks for your lovely comment. I'm in the pain part right now and am longing for my son to just get out! :) Relief would definitely be welcome.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Erin,

I'm sorry you have to deal with unrelenting pain, but I'm glad my words ring true to one who is there on a regular basis.

I hope you find relief one day.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sandy. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Robin! Your high praise means a lot to me. :) I do enjoy taking part in PPL, and I hope to participate more often. Thanks for creating this meme.