The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Tale of Two Treasures

This is one of the loose ends to which I referred in my birth story post, but I had a lot of fun with it - as you will see.

When I married Mr. Incredible, my parents gave me a pearl necklace, bracelet, and earring set, saying that every bride should have pearls. I wore the necklace and bracelet on my wedding day but opted to wear earrings that were a bit larger than the ones in the set. (If you click on the photo, it becomes extra large so you can see all the details of my gorgeousness. *laughing*) I loved those pearls, and I tried to take good care of them. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, Pookie Bear and Miss Muffet managed to get ahold of and lose the necklace and earrings. I do still have the bracelet, but I've always been rather sad that I lost the rest of the set.

A couple of weeks ago, I was very blessed to be given the opportunity to choose a necklace or pair of earrings from PearlParadise.com. The company has a great reputation and has even been featured on such celebrity talk shows as the Ellen Show and the Tyra Banks Show. They specialize in offering high-quality freshwater pearls at affordable prices.

I selected an 18" 6.0-7.0mm white freshwater pearl necklace with a white gold clasp. I eagerly awaited the arrival of my new necklace and was not disappointed when I opened the box. The necklace is beautiful. The pearls are nearly perfectly round and have a beautiful soft luster. The necklace came packaged in a beautiful black case and included care instructions and a soft cloth to protect and polish the pearls.

Inspired by my pearls and the birth of Buddy Bear, I created a short (one minute and thirteen seconds) movie - A Tale of Two Treasures. Here it is for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not lying that when I clicked on the link to this post from my reader and I saw your pic, I said out loud "Oh you're beautiful!" Hubby can attest to it. You were/are!! Same beautiful hair, same beautiful smile and long lashes you lucky girl! And I love the veil! How fun! Thanks for sharing the pic...now I'm going back to watch the video, but I just had to say that...

Anonymous said...

Oh Holy Hallejuah in the Hostas, that was DARLING!!! And your wedding photo? You were gorgeous but what took my breath away was the way "soon-to-be-Mr-Incredible" was looking at you. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!!!

ThriftyMommy said...

Wow, you went over the top with that video! lol

Anonymous said...

that pic of you 2 and the video was really cool!!!!!!

Revka said...

Oh, DramaMama! You are too sweet and are going to give me a swelled head if I don't watch out. ;)

I made the veil. When I was previously engaged, I had made a wedding dress similar to the one in the photo (you can read the story of how I ended up becoming Mrs. Incredible if you haven't already), and I used the train and veil from that to go along with the wedding dress I actually wore at my wedding.

Revka said...

Thanks, Dana! I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I had fun making it, but let me tell you... uploading it over our dial-up connection was no fun at all!

The photo is one of my favorites for the very reason you mentioned. You know what's even better? He still looks at me like that. :)

Revka said...

That I did, Karen. :) Mr. Incredible has made several wedding DVDs with all the effects, and I learned from watching him. It's rather fun.

Revka said...

Thanks, Cami. Glad you enjoyed them. :)

Sky said...

Wow!! What a great post! I love your wedding picture and your video of the new pearls...how sweet!

Revka said...

Glad you liked it, Seeryus Mama. :)