The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, February 09, 2007

NASCAR returns


Mr. Incredible loves him some NASCAR (Nextel Cup series), let me tell you! (Yes, that sentence is grammatically incorrect and reeks of Southern-ism. *grin*) And he is getting excited because the 2007 season is about to start. Maybe this will be the year that Jr. (Dale Earnhardt, Jr. for you non-NASCAR people) will finally win the championiship.

Yes, my husband loves Dale, Jr. - in spite of his sponsor. Mr. Incredible first began seriously watching NASCAR in '01 (I think), and his favorite driver was Dale Earnhardt, Sr. When he died upon crashing into the wall at Daytona, Mr. Incredible transferred his loyalties to Earnhardt's son - Dale Earnhardt, Jr. He has since collected both the Wal-Mart cheapo versions of the real die cast cars as well as a couple of the "real" die cast cars. In fact, I just bought him 3 more 1:24 scale models last night, and he had purchased six 1:87 scale models earlier that day. He's a FAN! I'm thinking that when we finally go on our dream trip and take a Orlando vacation, we need to swing by for the Daytona 500. I'm sure Mr. Incredible would love Disney World, but he would be in heaven here on earth if he could watch the Daytona 500 in person!

I have to admit that I have learned to actually like watching a race, but I'm not as gung-ho as Mr. Incredible is! Do any of y'all enjoy NASCAR or live with a NASCAR fan?

NASCAR and NASCAR Nextel Cup Series logos courtesy of wikipedia.com
#8 car photo courtesy of Orlando Sentinel

0 comments: