The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

When Grandparents Visit



This is what it looks like when little girls play outside with Grandma. *smile* (Actually, she fell and landed on her face, but that wasn't Grandma's fault.)






This is what a little girl looks like when her grandparents have to leave. I don't know if the lighting will allow you to see the one tear in each eye.


When I was growing up, my one living grandmother was in the northern U.S. while we lived in the extreme south. We didn't see her often, and I never felt really close to her. I think grandparents are one of God's blessings to the younger generation. I'm glad we live close enough for our girls to know their grandparents.

How well did you get to know your grandparents?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi R--my little one loves to visit her grandparents too (tho they can make her a little wild).

I never knew my grandparents, so it's nice to see my daughter have time with hers.

Sweet post!

ThriftyMommy said...

I knew my mom's parents very well since we lived in the same town.

My dad's parents lived a few states away, so we didn't get to see them much. They both had died by the time I was 7 years old.

I'm glad that my children get to see my parents often (probably ever 2-3 months), but I wish they could see my husband's parents more.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Frank,
I'm glad your daughter gets to visit her grandparents. I think that grandparents are an important and special part of a child's life.

I'm glad you like the post. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Karen, thanks for sharing your experiences. It's interesting to catch a glimpse of other people's lives. Maybe your kids will get to see their father's parents more one day.