The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Blog Is Loved

Or so The New Parent says. *grin* I am honored and surprised each time I receive an award like this. This blog is, after all, just me - plain Jane, boring me. So, thank you, Frank, for loving my blog enough to choose me for this award.

Frank spiced up his post by detailing 5 ways to spread the love and asked his nominees to write their ideas for loving others. (Great idea, Frank.) I'd like the spread the greatest love of all: God's love for fallen man.

  1. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:13
  2. For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  3. No man taketh it [His (Jesus) life] from me, but I lay it down of myself. John 10:18a
Just those three verses demonstrate how very much God loves us sinners. All of mankind - past, present, and future - was condemned to die for our sins. God, in His great mercy, chose to send Jesus to give His life so that we could live. There is no greater love. The question remains: what will you do with that love? Will you accept the costly gift of life so freely offered you?

I love many blogs but am choosing to bestow this recognition upon the following:
  • Kelly and Karen of Thrifty Mommy - an interesting and informative blog about frugal living - you girls put a lot of effort into your blog, and let me assure you that your readers appreciate it.
  • Holly of Seeking Faithfulness - I really hope you keep blogging! I love visiting your blog, knowing that I will find warmth and wisdom there.
  • MInTheGap - challenging and conservative, this blog is right up my alley. MIn is certainly not afraid to tackle tough issues.
  • BooMama - she is an absolute riot! It is a rare visit when I do not find myself laughing.
  • Lizzie of A Dusty Frame - evidence of God's refining fire, Lizzie challenges me to look beyond people's facade to see the hurt behind the smile. Her blog also makes me consider how I would handle her situation - certainly not with the grace she exhibits!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi R---and so well deserved (smile)!

Now, I hope you don't mind, I'm also tagging you on a cute kinda tag (wink). Check it out.

Revka said...

Hey, Frank, it appears that we crossed paths visiting each other's blogs. *smile* That tag does sound like fun - thanks!

A Dusty Frame said...

aww:) thanks!
You are soooooo kind!:)
Lizzie

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Lizzie. :)

ThriftyMommy said...

Thanks Revka! I'm so glad God allowed us to cross paths.

Anonymous said...

Me, too, Karen. Me, too! :)