The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Thank You, Dear Barnabas

While I am waiting for the WordPress platform to finish uploading to a client's site, I thought I'd drop a quick line here.  I don't want to desert my poor blog so soon after only recently "finding" it again!

barnabas_edited-1-300x158

Back in May, my bloggy friend Lizzie from A Dusty Frame created the Barnabas Award to recognize people in her life who have been an encouragement to her.  I was honored to be named as a Barnabas.  I am delighted to pass this on to several friends, both bloggers and those I know in real life, who have been a great encouragement to me recently.

Rules:

*Link back to the person who gave you the award.

*Use the Barnabas graphic (leaving the URL on it)

*Share it with anyone who encourages you whether or not their blog is “spiritual”.

*Share this explanation

“Barnabas worked with the Apostle Paul.

We remember him for his encouragement and generosity. In this spirit, I’d like to let you know that you are a Barnabas in my life. Thank you!”

I'd first like to award those who gave me encouraging comments after reading my rant about being backstabbed.  I was feeling pretty low, and you really picked me up.  So thank you - Amber, Jen, Tanyetta, Robin, Karen, Sho, and Mom.  (BTW, that rant was not about anyone I know in real life, nor was it about anyone who has ever dropped by my blog.  Hope that makes you feel better if you were wondering.)

I'd also like to give this to some other people encourage me: Holly, Jen, Lizzie, Drama Mama, CPA Mom, Dad Stearns (my FIL), and Mr. Incredible.

So now I guess I've renamed all you "Barnabas" - LOL!  Seriously, I can't thank you enough.  I hope the Lord blesses each and every one of you for what you have done for me.

2 comments:

ThriftyMommy said...

Thanks Revka! :)

Shoshannah said...

Aww, thanks, Reefk! That was really sweet.