The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A Bit Disappointed

I had planned a nice surprise for Mr. Incredible - I was going to leave the girls with my mother and show up unannounced at his hotel room about the time he normally gets there after school. I was having so much fun picturing how surprised and pleased he would be ...

until I woke up around 4:00 this morning to the sound of Baby Bear throwing up. Great! I called my mom later and let her know that we would not be coming up after all. Baby Bear hasn't thrown up any more, but she is running a fever and is acting like she doesn't feel well at all. I feel sorry for her, but I'm still disappointed.

I must say that I have been and continue to be quite impressed with the company for which Mr. Incredible works. They "get" the concept of taking care of their workers. That is probably why so many people retire from that company after working 20 or 30 years there. (I'm sure the pension plan and other benefits don't hurt, either. *smile*)

As an example of how they take care of their workers, I have received phone calls from both Mr. Incredible's immediate supervisor and from the General Manager of this region. Both men called to check on me and the girls and to tell me to call them if I needed anything at all. That makes me feel good.

Another example of how this company cares for its employees is the provisions that are made for the men going to school. They are put up in a nice hotel room (not dreadfully expensive but by no means a dump) and are reimbursed for travel expenses and for meals not provided at the school. (Since there are various training sessions going on throughout the year, I have wondered if this company has some kind of fractional ownership in the hotels near the training location, but I doubt it.) I really appreciate what this company does for its employees.

Now I'm just waiting a few more days until I can see my husband again ... *smile*

5 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

oh dear I do hope baby Bear gets better soon

maybe another time???

bless your hubbys company :)
thats really really good of them

jen

Andrew said...

Revka, I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading it! Congratulations on the new baby in July I trust all goes well!! I was wondering if you could let me know how to get a hold of Rakel? I lost track of her and would love to talk with her again. My blog is hughesvillex5.blogspot.com. I don't know if you remember me but I went to school with you all at MCA my name is Kayla (Leonard) Hughes. You could also e-mail me at bkaah1@yahoo.com. Thanks, Kayla

ThriftyMommy said...

Oh, I didn't know about Baby Bear. I'm sure she is better now.

Cuddlebug was running a fever today of 102 and tonight he puked on the couch. Ugh! I hate it when they get sick! Poor little guy just wanted to be held today.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kayla! It's great to hear from you, especially after all these years! I'll stop by your blog soon and will definitely give you Rakel's contact info. :)

Anonymous said...

Yep,but thankfully she didn't throw up anymore. She did run a fever that whole day. I guess I just didn't need to go see Mr. Incredible.

Hope Cuddlebug is all better now!