The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, November 23, 2007

This and That

This is just a quick post tonight. I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. We really did, but about 5 miles away from home, Pookie Bear threw up all. *sigh* Another one bites the dust. She is finally doing better tonight. Only Baby Bear and Mr. Incredible have not come down with that particular bug yet, and Baby Bear may miss out because of the steroid shot she got for the croup she had. (Yes, it has been fun at our house lately.)

Question - do any of you have small children who take riding lessons? Mr. Incredible and I have discussed many activities we would like the girls to experience, and one is riding. All three girls enjoyed riding the horse at Sierra's birthday party, and there are plenty of stables around us. If your children do take riding lessons, what is the most appropriate horse riding apparel? T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers would be my guess, but I really have no clue. It would be great if it didn't require any special clothing.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

pleased you had a great Thanks giving
shame about Pookie Bear

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry about the flu - as you already know, I'm too well acquainted with that and hope its over for you quickly! catherine

Anonymous said...

I took a few riding lessons when I was a girl, but it was "English style" and we wore our penny loafers because they had a bit of a heel to use in the stirrups. Most stables will require a riding helmet, but I think they'll have some there for little children. I think riding lessons are great because you learn that size is not might, the cooperation is not control and that sensitivity toward other creatures can lead to some great communication.

Revka said...

Thanks, Jen. :) Do you have a Thanksgiving celebration in NZ?

Revka said...

Thanks, Catherine. I'm glad your son is finally doing better. :)

Revka said...

Thanks for the input, Kate. I really appreciate it.

How did you enjoy the lessons, and how old were you when you took them? I really think our girls would enjoy learning to ride.

Anonymous said...

There's a riding place here that lets little babies ride -sho

ThriftyMommy said...

Sorry to hear about all the sickness. I just hate it when they get sick.

Revka said...

Hm, maybe we can travel there every week for lessons ... or not. :) That does sound interesting, though.

Revka said...

Thanks, Karen. It has been a bit rough lately. Everyone's better now, though - thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

You know, I'd say the same as Kate. I started riding when I was nine and I loooove horses and my son is going in the same direction and wants a horse as well. :)

I did however know a family where the little boy of only 3 rode Very well! So I guess it's never to early to start :)

Anonymous said...

Hm... and why was that anonymous?? Strange... Whats up with blogger comments now?? Linda