The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Thoughful Tuesday


I haven't posted a Thoughtful Tuesday in over a year, but I really like this series. Besides, I came across something today that just cried out for a Thoughtful Tuesday post.

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of the Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton."
- Robert Dawkins in Unweaving the Rainbow

The man is talking about the endless DNA variations possible, but his words instantly made me think of aborted lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. I agree - that quote makes me think of aborted lives too. It hurts. In college my roommate had made the choice to abort a baby in HS and I know she carried A LOT of pain about who that baby could have been. I guess since it's been a year, you really wanted to start off w/a bang! To think we are lucky for dying, and then to think we are beyond BLESSED (that word doesn't even do a justice!) to know Jesus and go to Heaven after we die...powerful. Thanks for sharing this w/us!

Revka said...

It makes me want to cry when I think of how many babies we have tortured and killed. What has the world missed out on because of those murdered children?

It is strange to think dying means we are blessed, but that is certainly the case! And like you said, going to Heaven after we die is just an incredible thought.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, DramaMama. I appreciate it. :)

Anonymous said...

what the world has missed out on because of those murdered babies is the lack to sustain ones own country so we have to rely on illegal immigrants to fill in the gap or large cities like New York would collapse from lack of people