The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Hanna Homing In

The tracks from the last 24 hours continue to show that she will most likely come through our state slightly to the west of us. If she moves to the right, she could come directly over us. Even if she doesn't come directly over us, we will most likely be hit pretty hard. Because of the way these storms rotate, the east side of the storm is typically the side that gets the brunt of the storm.

Mr. Incredible is a lineman for the local power company and does not expect to come home today until late tonight, if at all. He already knows he will be working all day tomorrow, and depending on how severe the damage is, he may be working on Sunday, too. Pray for him and his co-workers to be kept in safety and to be able to restore power quickly.

We didn't have any tropical storms or hurricanes affect us last year. With Ike and Josephine coming behind Hanna, this year is shaping up to be quite different.

Please pray that damage will be minimal for us and for everyone else in Hanna's path. I'll let you know as soon as I can how we fared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are w/you and your family! I often see the news and just marvel at how people could live in places like that! Mostly I think I wouldn't be 'tough' enough to handle it...then again, I handle subzero weather pretty well and a lot of people couldn't take -35* w/a windchill!

Shoshannah said...

What I want to know is what is up with the I-95 corridor? Why does it always seem to dictate the weather. That's where this storm is supposed to go. Does it matter that we live about 10 miles from it. :)

Anonymous said...

My biggest fear is wind since we've got ten HUGE and HOLLOW, 100 year old trees meeting over our roof. Just on huge limb, and we could be skewered.

Our prayers are with you as Joe makes me find out where everyone that I blog lives so he can follow the weather channel and know who to pray for.

Gotta love that guy.