The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Security

With all the talk (and evidence) of a slumping real estate market, I am interested to see how traditionally strong markets are affected. Will, for instance, Wilmington NC real estate owners find their investment losing value instead of gaining it? What about real estate values where we live? While we are not planning to move any time in the foreseeable future, knowing that our home could lose its value is a semi-scary feeling.

The good news is that my family's security lies neither in the value of our house nor in the fatness of our bank account. My family's security comes from the Lord, and even if our outward circumstances deteriorate, we can always depend on Him to care for us.

"Give us this day our daily bread..."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, while I'm waiting for the stock market to bury me, have you discovered any blog jobs for me?