The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Weekend

I'm late with my Mother's Day greeting, but it is heartfelt nonetheless: I hope that each of you wonderful ladies had a great Mother's Day.

At 33 weeks pregnant, I am generally uncomfortable and find it nearly impossible to get a good night's rest. This weekend was particularly exhausting. We were gone all day Friday - I had a doctor appointment in the morning, and then we got together with friends that evening. It was so much fun to see everyone again, and I must thank Bill and Rosie for keeping the girls overnight for us. We would not have been able to stay as long or to be as carefree if we had the girls with us.

On Saturday, I worked on sorting and putting away baby clothes. Let me tell you, Buddy Bear is gonna be one well-dressed young man! It's nice to see his room taking shape and to be able to cross one more item off the "getting-ready-for-baby" list. Now just to paint and clean up his crib...

I felt terrible on Sunday. Not only was I tired, but every movement hurt, and I felt so generally yucky that I just wanted to dissolve into a puddle of tears. Thankfully, Mr. Incredible made sure the girls took a nap after church, meaning that I was actually able to sleep, too. Though I still hurt when I woke up, at least I was not as tired. Since I had the 2/3 year old class at church last night, that was a very good thing. One more class and one more children's choir practice, then I'm done for at least three months! (Can you tell I'm ready?)

All in all, I had a productive weekend and a nice Mother's Day. How have you been doing?

10 comments:

👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳 said...

Oh Revka, you poor thing. It will be over soon. I did see on GMA this morning that the Tulley lady is pregnant with her 18th child.

Egads, I can't imagine how the woman gets thru even one day....

Now, don't you feel better...

xoxoxo jan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sympathy, Jan. :) Yes, "only" 7 weeks to go - if he's not late like his sisters were...

No, I cannot imagine having 18 children or how I would get through one day. I do know that she is bound to have plenty of helpers at least. No, thank you. I think I will stick with 5, if I can handle one more after this one. :)

Love you :)

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

happy Mother's Day.

not long to go praying for you

bless Bill and Rosie for keeping the girls overnight for us.

bless your hubby

Jen

Mom said...

Your in the home stretch! Can't wait to meet the little man! Thanks again for my signature

ThriftyMommy said...

Sorry he's hurting you so much. Cuddlebug sure did hurt me more than his sister. Soon, it will be all over and you'll have him to hold and smell. Gotta love that smell!

Sky said...

Awwww...You'll get there soon!! Rest, rest, rest until he gets here! Take care of yourself!!

Revka said...

Thank you, Jen, for both the Mother's Day wishes and the prayers. Both are greatly appreciated!

Revka said...

You're welcome, Steph. :) Yes, it won't be long now - too bad every day feels like a week. :D

Revka said...

Nothing like new baby smell, Karen. Gotta love it! And holding the wee man. :)

Revka said...

Thanks, SeeryusMama. :) I should take it a bit easier, but that designing has me hooked. :)