The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Early Baby?

It's a bit hard to believe that there are only eight short weeks left until my due date. We still have no name picked out for Buddy Bear. Actually, Mr. Incredible has no name picked out; there are plenty of names I like, but he is extremely picky when it comes to his son's name. *smile*

Despite the fact that all three girls have arrived "late," I was beginning to think that Little Man might be wanting to come a bit early. He seems to have dropped a bit, which means that my ribs are no longer constantly sore - nice! Unfortunately, his position change has made me extremely sore in other areas, so much so that I have been relatively comfortable only when not moving. During church Wednesday night, I was experiencing what I assume to be Braxton-Hicks contractions every few minutes during the whole service. They were a bit different from the Braxton-Hicks I experienced with the girls in that my whole stomach and my lower back were affected. I'm definitely going to be asking my doctor about all of this at my next visit.

Thankfully, I am feeling a bit better today. We are by no means ready for Little Man to arrive. We are still cleaning out what will be his room and have not yet painted it or gotten his crib up. People have also generously given us several cardboard boxes of infant boy clothes which I still need to sort through. All his clothes still need to be washed, too. Yikes! I'd better get moving!

I'll keep you posted as my due date draws ever nearer. I hope you are all doing well.

8 comments:

Mommy said...

Uh-oh! You better get a move on! (just kidding) Some people say things really are different with your pregnancies when you're having a boy v/s a girl. I don't have any experience with this yet, so I don't know. Also, they say the more children you have, the faster they come... get that room ready girl! (in all your "free time")

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how exciting! I have had both & to me all is the same... For me the more kids I had the more my body would ache & hurt. I didnt want to move (lol) I had my last 4 so close together. By the time I was nearing the end of the pregnancy for the 5th one I thought he was going to fall out. (TMI) They enduced me early cause I was in pain all the time.

I am so excited for you. Babies are such BLESSINGS!

jeannie~

karisma said...

Hi Revka, Thanks for entering my poetry contest! I have linked to your poem. Winners will be chosen on Friday! Good Luck!

Sounds like you are busy, Im surprised you have any time for cleaning! LOL

All five of my pregnancies were different, and thinking they will come early is just wishful thinking! My babes just loved to come late! Best of luck with your little man! I remember being so excited when we had our little man after three girls! While they are all precious its nice to have boys AND girls to love!

Revka said...

I wish they came faster for me, Amber. All three girls have been 12+ hours of labor, and I as mentioned in my post, they were all late. It will be interesting to see how it goes with Little Man. :)

Revka said...

Yes, it is exciting, Jeannie. :) I'm thinking that, like you, I might just have more aches and pains this time around because this is my fifth pregnancy. *sigh*

Thanks for your encouraging words. :)

Revka said...

Hey, Karisma! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you linked to my poem. I appreciate it. :)

Yes, I definitely stay busy, and it can be hard to find time to clean. I still haven't done any actual "spring cleaning" - though my poor house desperately needs it. :)

I keep telling myself that this baby is going to be late, just like his sisters, but in the back of my mind I keep hoping he won't. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. :)

Thanks again for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

hey hey! hopefully you will go a LITTLE early or right on time and the labor will be speedy. :)

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Either way, not MUCH longer!!!

((hugs!))

Thinking of you!