The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wedding Anniversary Gifts

It's hard to believe that Mr. Incredible and I will celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary this year. I don't know where the time has flown. (Don't I sound like an old person when I say that? *smile*)

I was and still am happy with last year's gift, the canvas with our three girls on it. That is the kind of gift that has special meaning for me. One of my favorite Mother's Day gifts was the set of two black 5x7 picture frames containing black and white photos of Pookie and Miss Muffett. (Baby Bear had not yet been born.) However, I often draw a blank when asked what I would like for our anniversary or when picking out wedding anniversary gifts for others. Even looking at lists of traditional and modern gift suggestions doesn't help me very much. For example, appliances are the gifts suggested on the fourth anniversary modern gift list, but how many coffee makers, toasters, and blenders can one household use?

In recent years, several of Mr. Incredible's relatives, including his grandparents, have reached that 5oth wedding anniversary mark. While I tried to give a gift suited to such a momentous occasion, I fear that I did not do a very good job. I wish I had come across this personalized photo quilt a few years ago. I bet we could have gotten a few other families to help pay for it and give it as a group gift. That would certainly have been a special and one-of-a-kind gift. Perhaps I should take up quilting so that I can make something like that in the future.

What are some of your favorite wedding anniversary gifts - to give or receive?

clip art courtesy of Fotosearch Stock Photography

4 comments:

Sophia Sparx said...

Personalized anniversary gifts are always appreciated. Check out: http://sophiasparx.blogspot.com for some ideas, as well as some really funny real life examples of Bad gifts.

Mom said...

Well it certainly wasn't the plate warming set I got for our first anniversary! Happy 9th, We celebrate our ninth on May 1.

Revka said...

I like your blog, Sophia. Thanks for leaving the URL in your comment and for taking the time to comment. :)

Revka said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, Steph. Our anniversary is actually in August, so you guys have been married a couple of months longer than we have. :)

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the kind of thing I would pick out - not a plate warming set specifically, but something with that much appeal. I stink at picking out gifts.