The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finding Contentment

After publicly resolving to be more content, I am pleased that I can honestly tell you that I am fine with our house and am perfectly content to stay here indefinitely. Sure, I still drool over master suites with walk in bathtubs, but I am not fretting because I do not have that.

After having owned our home for two years, Mr. Incredible and I are preparing to paint the inside. We will be doing the baby's room first. We now only have 2 1/2 months in which to prepare for our son's arrival! Of course, his room must be picture-perfect to welcome him home. :) I'm thinking of painting it a soft yellow and decorating it in a circus theme. The ceiling fan is red, so that would finally go with the decor.

I've shared our to-do list with you before, so I won't rehash all that. Just think of us fixing up our home and smile because we are doing so for our pleasure, not because we are going to sell it out of discontent.

2 comments:

jeannie said...

I did not know you were expecting. Congrats!

This new home that we are buying it needs work on the inside. We will not be able to do it all at one time. (due to MONEY) I will also have a Honey To Do List. (lol)

The baby's room sounds like it will be too cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jeannie. :) I'm getting ready to announce it at RS Designs - I'll be taking the month of July off.

I know how it is to have to fix things up gradually because you cannot afford to do it all at once. We had to do that with our last home, too. It's fun making a house truly your home, and I hope you guys enjoy it. :)