The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Family Vacation: Part Ten Zillion

Well, not really, but it feels like it. Over the course of nearly 15 months, I have mentioned (several times) that my family would like to take a beach trip together. It appears that this really may be the year we fulfill that desire.

I have been researching rental properties and prices and am nearly ready to present my findings to the rest of the family. I've never planned a trip like this before, and it really is quite a bit of work. I think that if we ever decided to take a family trip to Branson, MO, I will let someone else research the Branson rentals. *smile*

Have you ever planned a multi-family trip? What planning/organizational tips do you have to offer? I can use all the help I can get.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Multi Family vactions are tough, best advise I have, make sure all parties agree on the big stuff(where to stay sleeping aragnements etc.) before you leave, if not it could be a friendship breaker.

Revka said...

Thanks for the advice, Steph. I really appreciate it. :)

Anonymous said...

My hubby's family always rents a house together. Yes, that's 15 people, so it takes a little organizing. Each family gets assigned 2 dinners to be responsible for. Breakfast is usually on your own. If you feel like sharing what you brought you can. Then we all throw some $ in for the lunch groceries which is just sandwich meats and bread. The kids always find leftovers or snacks brought from home, so they don't go hungry. We don't have too many problems taking turns doing dishes and whatnot. I guess the kids were raised well! Pretty much it takes a lot of communication. Lucky for us there's a lot for the kids to do right on the property - mini-golf, swim, catch frogs/toads/fish/snails, build castles, merry-go-round, etc. Last year the weather was bad (all week!!) but we all communicated pretty well and kept the kids busy. We had family olympics, craft projects, scavenger hunts etc. Plus the older kids helped cook meals...communication is key. If there is a problem it's best to talk directly to the person or it makes for a very uncomfortable vacation! But I guess that's true of life in general =) Good luck!

Revka said...

Hey, Dramamama! Thanks for sharing your experience. I like the idea of divvying up the meals. Then everyone knows exactly what is expected of them in that area.