The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

When Daddy's Away

... three little girls take his place.


Thank goodness we have a king size bed! See? There's just enough room on the left for me to lie down.


I obviously have no problem letting the girls sleep with me, but I have a friend who is adamantly opposed to children sleeping in their parents' bed. I'm curious. How do you handle it when your husband is out of town. (Or how does your wife handle it when you have to be out of town?) Do the kids end up sleeping with mommy?

6 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

we often cosleep with our youngest :)

Shoshannah said...

We don't really let the kids sleep with us unless their sick...then they sleep on the floor by our bed. However, it's a Saturday morning ritual for them all to pile in our bed with us. That's really crowded on a full size bed. I'm envying your king.

Anonymous said...

If Baby Bear wakes up during the night she is sure to toddle into our room. Several times I have been surprised in the morning when I wake up to find her beside me. :) We parents are our kids' security, and I don't think it's surprising that they would want to be near us at night as well as during the day.

Thanks for sharing, Jen. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sho,
The girls come into our bedroom on Sat mornings, but Mr. Incredible gets up to turn on Tom and Jerry for them, so we get to stay in bed a bit longer. :)

Anonymous said...

They are so precious! Look at them! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, Holly. :) I love pictures of sleeping children. They seem so angelic, vulnerable, and innocent.