The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Names Linked in Comments

Hey, guys, I'm just popping in really quickly to tell you that Blogger finally caved to pressure and put back the ability to have your name linked to your website rather than having to use Open ID or having it linked to your Blogger profile. Just click the button by Nickname. Once you do that, you will see a field underneath to fill in your URL. (*Edited for clarification: the Nickname field has been there for quite a while, but the URL underneath is a recent development.)

Whoo-hoo! A smart move by Blogger - definitely! (click photo for larger image)

10 comments:

MInTheGap said...

I'm glad that they put this feature back. And I've also added the a blogger login so that I can get to some blogs I really wanted to comment on but didn't want one more login. Thanks for the "heads up."

Anonymous said...

I noticed this a couple weeks ago (i think) but I haven't tried it yet. I will try setting it up now.

*Tanyetta* said...

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

You always have all the good scoop on info. :)

Anonymous said...

I see the nickname field every time I leave comments but didn't really know what it was for. Good to know!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, that was so annoying. And I missed commenting on so many of my favorite blogs because I refuse to let Google run the whole Internet.

Anonymous said...

Yes, MIn, I, too, am glad to have this feature back. I think they never should have removed it in the first place!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Heidi,

You are absolutely right that the Nickname field has been in place for a while. However, it did not have the URL field beneath it until this past week. I'm thrilled to have that option back!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tanyetta! You're quite welcome. I like to share my knowledge. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Shawna, before Blogger reimplemented the URL field, you could only leave your name in the Nickname field; it wouldn't be a link. Glad to have been of help to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kate! i whole-heartedly second your comment. I think taking away this option was one of Blogger's worst moves in quite some time. I'm glad they wised up! :)