The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, June 04, 2007

This and that

As a lover of Jane Austen's works, I was intrigued to find the link to this quiz over at Through a Glass. I took it out of curiosity and was amused by the results. This is the first quiz I have taken where the results were actually fairly accurate; I struck out the one part with which I did not agree. I would have chosen to be a different heroine, but the description of Marianne fits me quite well.

I am Marianne Dashwood!

:: M A R I A N N E ::

You are Marianne Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are impulsive, romantic, impatient, and perhaps a little too vocal in your honesty. You enjoy romantic poetry and novels [not romance novels, mind you] and play the pianoforte beautifully. To boot, your singing voice is captivating. You feel deeply and love passionately.
Take the Quiz here!


In other news, I am planning to participate in the Carnival of Beauty again. The topic is The Beauty of Strong Men, and Susanna of Through a Glass is hosting. Be watching for my post in the next couple of days. If you have or would like to participate(d) in the Carnival of Beauty, you should know that some changes have been made; I believe these changes will greatly enhance the Carnival. I love this Carnival, though I have not participated frequently, and I would love to see more participation.

Like the title says, this post is about this and that, and I guess this is the end. Good day! *smile*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi R--I was never big on the works of J.A. but the graphic you put up is really lovely.

Nice work!

Revka said...

Thanks, Frank! I love the graphics this quiz offers. They are all from movies based on these books, and all are quite lovely.

Michelle said...

This is what I got: You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.