The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A more sanitary way


I am not the pickiest person when it comes down to what I am willing to let pass as "clean," but I do freak a little bit over raw meat. I wash my hands constantly when I handle it, and I bleach my sink after even rinsing off knives or other prep utensils. Raw meat just creeps me out that way. So I was really interested when I saw Maricar's Keeping the Castle post about the Gusto Grip Clean Cut Cutting Board Set. Here is the quotation she posted.

With the Clean Cut system you get the sturdiness and beauty of a thick, oak cutting board, plus six removable, washable surfaces each designated to specific food bacterial groups–raw meat, seafood, poultry, cooked meats, vegetables and dairy. And unlike the color coded cutting mats you’ll find in stores, the Clean Cut mats are made of high density polypropylene for the ultimate in hygiene and knife-edge protection.
That sounds like a winner to me! I can rest easy knowing that my raw foods are not getting intermingled on my cutting board!

photo courtesy of Keeping the Castle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm very careful when handling raw meat too. I have designated cutting boards but those colored ones just look so much prettier and easier to use. :)

Revka said...

You're welcome. I really enjoyed it and will be back. I had not heard of these cutting boards before, but they look really pretty and functional.

Revka said...

Your comment sounds like we're a lot alike in this, too, Karen. It is the germ factor and the horrible side effects that make me freak. And, yes, I'll gladly wear that title if it means we stay healthy.