The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Consider living near Raleigh, NC

Having been to Raleigh often, I have to say that I love it. There are so many things to see and do. I love to visit Burrage Music for their awe-inspiring selection of sheet music, and it's always fun to visit an IMAX show at Exploris Museum. The Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts brings excellent shows to town (such as the upcoming Celtic Woman show on March 30-31), and there are many interesting historical sites to visit, such as the North Carolina State Capitol in downtown Raleigh. The corporate sector is thriving and shows no signs of slowing down. Jobs are readily available. If you are considering making a move and like living in an area with diverse attractions and entertainment venues, I recommend you talk to a Raleigh real estate agent to explore housing options.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I cam across your blog through Rocks in my Dryer. I live in Rocky Mount, NC not far from you.
I am also a SAHM. My best friend lives in New Bern. She also has a blog.
Stop by and visit sometime.
I will be praying for your SIL.

www.momxtwo.blogspot.com

Blessings
Lisa

Revka said...

Hey, Lisa, thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you came, and I appreciate your commenting.

I don't actually live in Raleigh; we have some family in that area so we've been up there quite a lot. And we used to go to Rocky Mount, too, so I know where you are.

I will definitely visit your blog; I like to look at ones that are new to me. What is your New Bern friend's blog URL? I'd like to visit there as well. I hope you have a great day.

Kat said...

Just wanted to say, we would love to live in this area too...We've looked into moving in NE TN... so beautiful, but not many jobs for me techie husband :). I think that area is ideal...

Revka said...

Raleigh is a great area; one drawback is the price of housing. It's just outrageous! But with the kinds of jobs that are available, I guess people can afford expensive houses.