The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, December 11, 2006

A Taste of Home


Having grown up in the Valley (that's the Rio Grande Valley in South TX for all you non-Valleyites *grin*), I looked forward to the pumpkin empanadas the Hispanic women in my church liked to make for church meals. They were invariably warm, well-spiced, and delicious! Remembering them brings back fond memories of Mexican food, Hispanic friends, and the place I called home for the first 18 years of my life. You can imagine my excitement at finding a recipe for the empanadas over at A Readable Feast. Anne Marie's post has the recipe and the story from a book called The Empanadas That Abuela [grandmother] Made. A Readable Feast focuses on recipes and children's literature and is an interesting place to visit. Picture is courtesy of Pasqualinonet.com.ar via The Gourmet Sleuth.

0 comments: