The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Parenting outside the "experts"

Have you noticed how much information is disseminated by so-called experts and is immediately swallowed (hook, line, and sinker) by a vast number of people. "Well, so-and-so said it, so it must be true" seems to be the general mindset. I try not to believe everything I hear, read, see, etc. It is refreshing to know that there are others like me who parent according to what works for them and their children rather than blindly following the decrees of the "experts." A kind reader who calls himself (?) Anthill tipped me off to a new blog that focuses on the realities of parenting. I have visited there almost daily since I became aware of the blog. In fact, Frank (the blog's author) and I have a running conversation going in the comments section of his latest post, The Defiance Paradigm - Part 2. I think The New Parent is going to be an informative and interesting place to visit and share.

(edited at 11:00 p.m. to correct "the blog author's name" from Steve to Frank - don't ask how I got that wrong in the first place, I don't have any answer at all *huge sigh*)

0 comments: