The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Let the color flow

Everyone has his own style and preferences, including house color preferences. My mother-in-law prefers white walls in her home. I gravitate toward soothing, peaceful colors such as blues, greens, and grays. My friend Michelle loves vivid, bright colors (think sunshine yellow). I guess it has to do with your personality. Whatever the reason, beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. As I mentioned before, in the year that we have lived here, I have only managed to paint the girls' room, and I still need to paint the trim in there. I have the colors picked out for the rest of the house but have not yet found time to get the job done. This coming spring, that will all change. Within a few months, my house will sparkle with fresh paint in blues and greens and browns. The trim throughout will be cream, and most rooms will be either a combination of mossy green and a sand color or the aforementioned sand color and light-medium blue with the smallest hint of gray. If you are interested in adding color to your home but need some inspiration, I found a site that will give you some great house painting ideas and is full of information to help you choose your colors. I like that they offer free interior and exterior color combination guides. In fact, I am going to order some for myself - just to make sure that I still prefer the colors I chose 3 years ago!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, kind of like me picking the colors for my blog (smile). I've never thought it that easy to pick colors, especially for rooms (and blogs).

So, getting paid to blog, eh? Interesting.

Revka said...

Yes, now that I think about it, my blog and my home are both my personal space to color as I see fit. Notice the colors I chose for my blog? (smile) And choosing the right color can be difficult. Perhaps you should look at paint samples for inspiration? (laugh)

I was debating whether or not to tell everyone about my being paid to blog, and then it occurred to me that someone else might be interested in doing that, too. It wouldn't work for every blog or every blogger, but it works for me because I blog about anything anyway. I'm enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you found a good fit. I think it was good to share the info with others.

As for blog colors, at the moment I may stay with the colors I have (although you never know). I do like to change things frequently, and color is one way to do that.