The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Just had to share

I did my usual bi-weekly grocery shopping on Thursday night and made some additional purchases as well. I had been looking for a nice long wool coat but had not yet found one that looked good on me and was affordable. My search is over - at Target I found a black single-breasted knee-length wool coat with an empire waist and princess seams that looked fantastic on me and was on clearance for $29.99 plus tax. Well, I made a "planned impulse purchase," let me tell you! (For definition purposes, a planned impulse purchase is when you have planned to buy something but were not looking particularly for that item when you found it. I got the idea from Jonni McCoy's book Miserly Moms: Living on One Income in a Two Income Economy. StorkNet.com also features a "Ask Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy" column.) I also got several little $1 toys for $.25 and have stashed them to use as presents later. Have you found a particularly good buy lately that you would like to share?

2 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

hi revka!

that coat you found sounds great. i am planning to stop by target today so i will see if i can find a similar deal! i like the idea of a "planned impulse purchase." i need to do better with impulse purchases this year. let's see, as for a good deal that i have found lately -- the children's place clothing store was having a big sale last week. i was able to pick up a couple of really nice toddler size winter sweaters for $10 and under...

happy new year and your SIL is in my prayers.

Revka said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. As you can tell, I was thrilled with my coat. And planned impulse buys help you save money - you end up being more informed about the price of the item you want because you have taken the time to search for exactly what you want. It has worked great for me, but I still make the occasional purely impulse purchase :)

I like The Children's Place, and it sounds like you found some good deals.

Happy New Year to you as well, and thank you for praying. I really appreciate it.