So I actually posted something other than a book review last night. It reminded me how much I enjoyed blogging, and I started going through my blog's archives. I was amazed at how much I had forgotten, and I'm glad I have a written record for my cherished memories.
Here are some of my favorites:
- the entire Photos category - Oh, how our family has changed! I have so many pictures to add now. I can't believe the last pictures I posted of Buddy Bear are from July, 2009! You won't believe the difference when I finally get recent pics up.
- funny stories - about pennies and pianos, my klutzy and scatterbrained ways, Wal-Mart's idea of a rollback, our cat, and stuff my children have said
- creative writing - All in a Day's Work, Definitely Not Aleve, sailing poem, Treachery
- recipes - Grandmother McKinley's Corn Casserole, Milk Chocolate Bar Cake, Homemade Bread, TexMex Crock Burritos, Chicken Parmesan, Italian Meatballs, Homemade Pizza, Heavenly Hot Chocolate Mix
- trips - 2009 anniversary trip, family vacation to NASCAR country, 2007 anniversary trip, family vacation to Tweetsie Railroad
- Karen - she has become one of my closest friends and though we don't often get to see each other IRL, we keep in touch by phone and email
- Lizzie - what an encouragement she is to me
- Holly - Her kindness, compassion, and willingness to help me at one of the lowest points in my life has earned her my undying love; she has proved to be a true friend on more than one occasion
- Jen (New Zealand) - she won a piano CD I gave away and we developed a rapport; she has always been an encouragement to me
- Jen from My Derbe - this is another precious lady who lifted me up when I was so far down I thought I'd never get up again
- DramaMama - her comments are always refreshing and encouraging; I love her story about being locked in her house LOL
- Jan - she's the one who told me about Windows Live Writer and PhotoShop Elements
- Frank - his blog is now gone, but I still treasure our conversations and exchange of ideas, even if I did once embarrass myself by calling him Steve