The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Reviving Memories - a Look Back Through This Blog

So I actually posted something other than a book review last night. It reminded me how much I enjoyed blogging, and I started going through my blog's archives. I was amazed at how much I had forgotten, and I'm glad I have a written record for my cherished memories.

Here are some of my favorites:

And I was reminded of the great friends I've made through blogging:
  • Karen - she has become one of my closest friends and though we don't often get to see each other IRL, we keep in touch by phone and email
  • Lizzie - what an encouragement she is to me
  • Holly - Her kindness, compassion, and willingness to help me at one of the lowest points in my life has earned her my undying love; she has proved to be a true friend on more than one occasion
  • Jen (New Zealand) - she won a piano CD I gave away and we developed a rapport; she has always been an encouragement to me
  • Jen from My Derbe - this is another precious lady who lifted me up when I was so far down I thought I'd never get up again
  • DramaMama - her comments are always refreshing and encouraging; I love her story about being locked in her house LOL
  • Jan - she's the one who told me about Windows Live Writer and PhotoShop Elements
  • Frank - his blog is now gone, but I still treasure our conversations and exchange of ideas, even if I did once embarrass myself by calling him Steve
What great memories this all brings back for me. What are some of your favorite blogging memories?

0 comments: