The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, January 25, 2010

End of the Day

Tonight ... I am weary. Last night was a night of fitful sleep - fitful because of a restless little fellow sleeping between Mommy and Daddy. Buddy Bear is back to not sleeping through the night, and more often than not during at least the past two weeks he has ended up sleeping with us. That doesn't make for good sleep for anyone.

We've decided it's time for the crib to come down. He doesn't like it anyway. With the crib gone, Buddy Bear will sleep in the double bed in his room. When he wakes up, I will be able to lie down with him in his bed to put him back to sleep and won't have to try to move him back to his crib without waking him (a seldom successful endeavor).

But it's not just lack of sleep that has made me weary. I've been working hard, too, schooling the girls, creating blog designs and setting up websites. I love my work (I don't love home schooling!), but it does require intense focus at times, and the sustained mental strain wears me out. Today was one of those days.

So here I am. Not writing anything of importance; just spilling my thoughts and feelings for all to read. I'm glad it's the end of the day and that I will soon be freed from the day's cares, able to finally rest.

I wonder if this is what I will feel like at the end of my life - weary of the struggle and looking forward to arriving Home where I will be free from life's cares. It's wonderful to know that the struggle here is temporary and fleeting and that I know for certain I have a home in Heaven with my Savior.

I hope you have that same assurance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to know there is rest at the end of our life. Now go to bed and relax and rest in Him

A Dusty Frame said...

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

hi guys so happy to be between you yayaay love the blog soo much ^^