The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover

I found this video, and it is absolutely incredible. (You seriously must click the link.) My reaction at the beginning was the same as everybody else's and was based solely on appearance. Looks can be very deceiving.

Added 2:24 p.m. - I cannot stop watching this. It puts me in tears nearly every time. I love watching the dignity and confidence of Susan from the very beginning, even when the judges and audience were amused and condescending. I love the shocked reaction from the crowd. I love the emotions displayed on the judges' faces, particularly Simon's near the end of the performance. Most of all, I LOVE Susan's performance. Her selection is one of my all-time favorite pieces, and she more than did it justice. She gives me goosebumps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, rev --- i hope you don't mind, but i posted this on my facebook page today, too, after reading this post. that was amazing. i've watched it several times, too, and it's making my day! thanks for sharing it!!!!......lynlee

Revka said...

No, I don't mind at all, Lynlee. I'm glad you're passing this on. It's pretty incredible, isn't it? :)

Grateful Gramma said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. At Bible study tonight we talked a little about being judgmental. What a beautiful lesson this is.

Revka said...

I'm so glad you like that, Grateful Gramma. It even made the evening news tonight.