The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Buddy Bear

I can't believe that Buddy Bear is already 6 weeks old! I also can't believe people's generosity in giving us baby items for him. Two friends at church have given us enough infant boy clothes to outfit Buddy Bear through at least size 12 months. Another friend gave us a Graco playpen (the Fold and Go Care Center Lite). And diapers! I am optimistically hoping that we have enough diapers to last his first six months. We certainly thank the Lord for His provision.

Buddy Bear is a good baby, but he is vocal. When I had recovered enough to return to church after having Buddy, I had planned to keep him in the service with us for at least a couple of months. (You know how many germs and viruses float around a church nursery!) Unfortunately, that plan lasted all of two services. Both times, I ended up having to take him out at the beginning of the message because he kept grunting loudly, and I could not get him quiet.

Tonight, one of the nursery workers told me that he is one of the noisiest babies she had seen (this lady has 6 kids of her own!), and after my mother kept the kids overnight Thursday (THANKS, MOM!), she told me that she ended up holding him during the night because he wouldn't get quiet any other way and kept waking her up. I am only now starting to be able to tune out his non-vital grunting during the night.

He loves to eat. I'm going to post a nearly newborn photo of him first and then put up photos from today so you can see the difference. Enjoy looking at my handsome little man. :)

Newborn cuteness


Almost smiling


Doesn't look all that comfortable, does he? Though I love the outfit!


Am I really supposed to be awake?


You're funny, Mama! (I love his dimpled cheek.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna hold him.......at least until he starts being "noisy" and then mommy can have him back.

I'm glad your mom babysat for an evening. Hope you made the most of it.

Anonymous said...

he is SOOOOOOOO cute. i miss having a baby...........well, sometimes! he's darling. congratulations on a beautiful family.....Lynlee

jeannie said...

He is such a cutie. I think they just grow up way to fast.
thanks for sharing

👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳 said...

Oh, Revka, he is just precious. I can close my eyes and almost smell that wonderful baby smell...

Let's see now, he's vocal, he's loud, he grunts, he's a guy, woman! You've gotten use to those little girl bebe's... This is a whole new ballgame. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! "_

Shoshannah said...

love the outfit.......and the smile, and yes, he's quite noisy. None of mine were ever that loud, not even Zach

Anonymous said...

You've gotta post something, anything. I need a Revka fix and pronto!

Revka said...

He's really a good baby, Dana, and he's not usually too noisy when he's being held. :)

Yes, we did have a good time when the kids were gone. :)

Revka said...

Thanks, Lynlee! I know what you mean about missing having a baby SOMEtimes. :)

Revka said...

Thanks, Jeannie, and they do!

Revka said...

You crack me up, Jan. :) So the grunting and stuff is a guy thing, huh?

Revka said...

I agree, Holly! :)

Revka said...

Poor boy gets all dressed up just to go to the nursery. He has another little outfit that I have to take pics of him wearing - too cute!

I didn't even think he was particularly noisy the day you guys were here. He is such a complainer. :)

Qtpies7 said...

OH, he is a little chunk of cuteness!

ThriftyMommy said...

Goodness. He's getting so big!