The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring Cleaning

It's that time of year again -
Time to thoroughly clean within.
From bottom to top and up to down,
I'll clean with not even the trace of a frown. [ha!]

My kitchen will sparkle; my windows will gleam.
Say! I'm a regular cleaning machine!
I'll even sing as I scrub my deep sink.
Wow, it's so clean I should stop for a drink.

The dust I'm evicting from its comfortable spot.
The carpet I'll clean with my trusty Spot Shot.
My bathroom fixtures now are so shiny
I can see my face in them (even though tiny).

Laundry is finished, and dishes are done.
Whew! I'm glad that's one fight I have won!
All rooms are in order, and the house, it smells clean.
I'll sit down, relax, and get lost in a dream...

[until next year finds me cleaning all over again]

(P.S. So far this is just fiction that I wish were fact. *sigh*)

1 comments:

kitten said...

Very lovely poem!