I was flattered to be notified that I had received this award. Me? Nominated for something?! Thanks, Michelle! (Michelle is another new friend made through my header design business. I love meeting all these nice people. *smile*) Receiving this award dictates that I pass it along to 5 other bloggers who make me think.
- Whether or not we agree on an issue, Frank of The New Parent always makes me think. He is not afraid of bucking the current parenting experts and trends. In fact, that is the whole point of his blog: finding real parenting solutions that work in real life. His post Excuse Me (Managing Interruptions) is a great example of his work.
- Jen of My Derbe frequently and pointedly encourages me to think. If you haven't yet read her post, Life Should Not Be a Masquerade Ball, you need to read it! Thanks, Jen, for encouraging me to be real despite the pain and/or shame.
- Even though she has already received this award, I cannot leave Holly of Seeking Faithfulness off this list of blogs that make me think. As her blog title implies, this pastor's wife is seeking to live a faithful life and encourages others to do likewise. There are so many of her posts that resonate with me, but I would have to say that one of most helpful ones in recent days was her post about Spousal Abuse in a Christian Home. Holly shared her personal experience with abuse (not by her husband) and offered her insight regarding how to deal with abuse. Lest anyone think Mr. Incredible abuses me, let me assure you that he absolutely does not! Unfortunately, I have friends who are not as blessed as I, and Holly's post was a tremendous help to me as I attempt to be a good friend and give counsel when asked.
- LadyLydia and Mrs. Alexander of Homeliving Helper both encourage me as I attempt to become a better homemaker. Their posts are often convicting, pointing out areas in which I need to improve. When I began to wonder why I should keep working to pick up and clean up (it's only going to be a wreck again in five minutes!), I found my answer in Reasons We Need Orderly, Clean Homes.
- Dana of A Higher Calling also challenges me on a regular basis. Her post about Expectations was right on target for me. How often I set myself up for failure because I have unrealistic expectations for myself.