The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stoller Reviews

If you figure that having three older children means that I am pretty well set with baby supplies for this fourth baby, you figure right. Sure, I'll need new supplies of some items: diapers, baby shampoos, and the like. However, we still have our baby swing, exersaucer, high chair, baby bath tub, bassinet, infant car seat, and a few strollers. I saved all those items because I knew that I wanted more children, and I am so happy not to have to purchase those items again. (Actually, I never purchased any of those the first time around, either. They were all given to us.)

If I were in need of one of these items, a stroller, for example, I would certainly want to read several stroller reviews before making my purchase. I'd check out Consumer Reports before purchasing a vehicle or even a vacuum cleaner, and I certainly would not to be less informed about purchasing frequently used items for my baby.

There are many ways to find stroller reviews: type that phrase into the appropriate box of your favorite search engine, ask friends for their recommendations, or browse through parenting magazines. I love the way the Internet puts this kind of information right at your fingertips. Just remember to check more than one source. A consistent review across multiple sites should be an indication that a product is pretty good.

After using my strollers for all three girls, I found that I prefer slim, lightweight strollers. However, when my two younger daughters were, well, younger, they both needed to ride in the stroller. That is when we found a double stroller. One child sits in front of the other, and I highly recommend this setup versus the side-by-side arrangement. The side-by-side stroller is too wide to easily maneuver through department stores aisles. So there you have my tip: buy a front-back double stroller instead of a side-by-side.

Do you have any stroller reviews of your own to share?

0 comments: