The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, December 14, 2007

The Christmas Rush

If you guessed by my sporadic posting that we are becoming immersed in Christmas activities, you would be absolutely correct. Tonight, Mr. Incredible and I went to our church's Christmas Banquet (and had a wonderful time), tomorrow, Pookie and I have to attend the morning Christmas program rehearsal, and Sunday night is the Christmas program. The following Sunday will begin the extended family celebrations.

The girls and I have started preparing goodies for the various Christmas get-togethers as well as our Christmas Day celebration. [We actually get to be at our own home for Christmas this year. Hurray! Growing up, my family always made a big deal out of Christmas (even though we never gave gifts), and now I wouldn't trade spending Christmas Day at home with my family for a stay in the most expensive Vegas hotel.] So far, we have made Truffle Trove Pie and Candy Cane cookies. Our dessert plans include making Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake, Rice Krispie Treats, and homemade ice cream for Christmas Day banana splits - Mr. Incredible's request. My Christmas Day menu includes BLT Breakfast Bake for breakfast, of course; a turkey roast (or two if we have Christmas Day guests), homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, Easy Cauliflower and Broccoli Au Gratin, creamed corn, spinach, and dessert for lunch; Easy Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip and tortilla chips for an afternoon snack; and leftovers for supper. Don't you want to come to my house for Christmas? *laugh*

Our last Christmas bash will be my family's celebration on December 29. We are all so busy on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that we have decided it is best to have our celebration after Christmas. It has worked out well for everyone and reduces the Christmas day stress. My mother is preparing the bulk of the meal, and we children are bringing a requested dish. My dish is my grandmother's delicious corn casserole. I'll have to post the recipe soon Here's the recipe; it's like no other corn casserole I've ever eaten.

What are your Christmas plans?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive getting very busy too
read my weekly review on Monday to find out what weve been up too
Jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/

Revka said...

I'm stopping by to take a look now. :) I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.