The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jesus Is Still the Answer

Even a person like me who doesn't care at all about celebrities and their doings has heard of the infamous Hollywood bad girls: Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and Nicole Richie. In and out of drug rehabs, constantly in trouble, and always demanding (mostly negative) attention, these girls make nearly everyone wonder what they are thinking.

I can tell you what is wrong with these girls. Even if you don't agree, I know this is true. They need Jesus. I'm not talking about joining a church or paying lip-service to knowing Christ. I'm talking about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

We were created with an emptiness inside us that only God can fill, and when we choose to reject God, we are left trying to fill that void on our own. The Hollywood bad girls' filler of choice is obvious - booze, drugs, material possessions, fame. Other people attempt to use work, family, or charitable deeds to fill the emptiness inside. None of their attempts will work.

I am not saying that accepting Jesus as your Savior is a quick fix for your problems, nor is it a guarantee that the rest of your life will be smooth sailing. On the contrary, we Christians are promised that the world will hate us because it hates Him we serve. However, we are also promised peace even in the midst of our trials (John 16:33). I can tell you that I would rather have trials with Jesus than to have the "perfect" life without Him.

Here is the inspiration for this post's title, a chorus that I love and that has a great message.

"Jesus Is Still the Answer"
Jesus is still the answer,
Though time and ages roll.
Jesus is still the Answer;
He's the Answer for your soul.
And though some may say
He doesn't fit
With their philosophy,
I know Jesus is still the Answer.
He's always been and always will be.

0 comments: