The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Playing video games with my husband

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

I like to spend time with Mr. Incredible, for, you see, I love him very much. Our interests are often quite different, however, which leads to some difficulty in finding activities we both enjoy. Mr. Incredible wants me to play video games with him. (I'd really rather read.) He likes the shoot-em-up kinds of games (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - for instance), while I lean more toward the tamer games - like Tiger Woods PGA Tour. Mr. Incredible actually did buy the golf game so that we could play together. I thought that was rather nice. We both enjoyed creating our own custom players, trying to make them look as much like us as possible. Outfitting the characters is fun as well. I really like the Titleist golf line, at least in the game. (I've never golfed in real life, unless putt-putt counts!) In the end, the compromise is worth it to me. I'm willing to do something for which I don't really care if it means that I get to spend time with Mr. Incredible and make him happy.

How do you spend leisure time with your spouse?

1 comments:

Shinie said...

We like to play video games occasionally too. Hubby likes racing games, I like adventure. We compromise with games like Mario Party - like a board game.