The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and to all. I know I'm a day early, but we have a family celebration tomorrow, and then we're helping my in-laws move on Friday and Saturday. I will not be able to post again until Sunday at the earliest.

I am very thankful for the following:

  • My salvation. This is a gift from God that I did not and could not earn. If you want to know more about salvation, read The Gospel ABC's.
  • My darling husband. He is so wonderful, and I am blessed beyond measure to be married to my beloved.
  • My three girls. They are the light of my life and definitely keep me occupied. Like all children they are the very essence of change: sweet one minute and little terrors the next. I thank God for bestowing these three precious gifts.
  • My family. (immediate, in-laws, and extended)
  • My church. It is so nice to finally have a church home again!
  • My friends. Having lived here for one year, I am doubly appreciative for old friends and new. It can be very lonely after a move to an area where you know no one. Old friends have provided a life-line, and new friends have met the need for "in person" contact.
  • My home. God placed us in the perfect home for us.
  • God's direction. He has worked miraculously in our lives to guide us where He wants us to be.
That is only a partial list of my blessings. I pray that we all remember to thank God for His bountiful gifts to us.

0 comments: