The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Christ-centered Christmas Blog - check it out


Lindsey at Enjoy the Journey has created a Christmas blog called Advent for Evangelicals. Just click the link to check it out. (Note: this is not a denominational thing; it is solely for the purpose of honoring Christ in this upcoming Christmas season.) Here is what she has to say about it:


"Since it is just now November, I will be focusing on preparing for Christmas and advent, as well as enjoying some Thanksgiving ideas with you all as well. Thanksgiving is a wonderful prelude into the Christmas season, don't you think? Here at Advent for Evangelicals I will be offering tips, guest bloggers (lots of great gals from around the web!), recipes, crafts, and more to aid you in your celebration."

It sounds really interesting to me. Let's face it: Christmas becomes less and less about "Christ" and more about "me" every year. I want my family to remember and celebrate the true Reason for Christmas.

3 comments:

TheNormalMiddle said...

Thank you so much for the link! I'm excited to share the season with all of you. I like your blog!

Revka said...

I like to share my "finds" with others. I really enjoy your blog, too. Thanks for coming over.

Revka said...

Hey, Thrifty Mommy, you just made my day! I checked it out, and then I felt ever better 'cuz you don't have everyone and their relatives on your list!