The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

All in a day's work

Take out the garbage;
Clean the house;
Care for the kids,
And kill a mouse. (Well, it rhymed!)

Cook the meals;
Wash the clothes;
Feed the baby,
And wipe her nose.

Kiss a scrape;
Dry some tears;
Give a hug,
And calm their fears.

Read a story;
Say a prayer;
Tuck them in bed,
And collapse in a chair.

Kiss my husband;
Ask how he's doing;
Watch his show;
Wait, was I snoozing?

Climb into bed;
This day is done;
"Sleep well, darling."
Isn't life fun!

-by me!




4 comments:

DJ Master AG said...

Great Poem! I like the mouse part. :)


--Alan

Revka said...

Thanks, Alan! Usually the cat kills the mice. One time she played "gladiator arena" with one in the tub, but that's another story. I'm glad you found me even with the incorrect address I mailed out. DUH!!!

Shoshannah said...

Isn't that the truth! The poem I mean. I totally relate.

Revka said...

Thanks, Sho! I know you struggle a lot of times, too. Gotta go - Miss Muffet needs me to kiss a boo-boo :)